CATIA is developed by DASSAULT SYSTEMES and marketed, distributed and
supported worldwide by IBM. CATIA is the world's leading CAD/CAM/CAE software.
This software gives you a broad range of integrated solutions that cover all
aspects of Product design and manufacture, Driving enterprise competitiveness,
Task productivity & Process improvement. CATIA provides easy to use solutions
tailored to the needs of small and medium sized enterprises as well as large
industrial corporations in all industries: Consumer Goods, Fabrication &
Assembly, Electrical & Electronics goods, automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding
and process plants. More than 13,000 customers around the world have already
chosen and proven CATIA in supporting them in gaining competitive advantage.
- Help of Introduction to the 3D Modeling process.
- Understand the Modeling software interface
- Introduction to software documents. Menus & toolbars
- Finding tools. The specification tree. Compass etc.
- Create a new part
- Select a sketcher support (plane, body surface).
- Create sketch geometry (help of line, poly line, rectangle, circles, and etc .commands).
- Edit the sketch (help of trim, chamfer, break etc. commands.).
- Fully Constraint sketches (help of constraint toolbar).
- Basic features in part design. Create solid part (help of pad, shaft, etc. commands).
- Remove or pocketing part creates to help pocket multi –pocket, etc
- Editing feature (transfer, rotate, scale, pattern etc.).
- Creating Dress-up feature (draft, fillets, chamfers, etc.).
- Advance modeling (multi-section, rib, slot, remove multi- section.).
- Surface Designing
- Wire frame & surface design workbench. Create wireframe elements like circle, splines, helix.
- Creating surface (help of extrude, revolved, sweep, multi-section, blend).
- Editing & modifying surface join, split, etc
- Surface to solid part create to help surface based feature toolbar
- Type of assembly design. Inserting the components in a product file
- Applying constraints. Editing the assembly.
- Digital Mockup
- DMU Kinematics(Revolute joins, screw joint, cylindrical joint, spherical joint, gear joint, prismatic joint )
- DMU Generic Animations
- DMU Space Analysis
- Kinematic update
- Generative sheet metal design (GSD)
- Setting sheet metal parameters
- Create sheet metal part (help of wall, bend, and flanges etc. commands).
- Create flat patterns of sheet metal components
- Stamping surface stamping, bead stamping, curve stamping, louver stamp, flanged, cut out stamp, stiffening rib stamp, dowel etc.
- Model view, section view, aligned section view, details, broken view, crop view etc.
- Create a view, hatch pattern selection view
- Dimensioning, annotation, edit sheet formats